CPD Cornerstone: Accreditation Overview
Authors: Casey Harrison, MBA, Director of Continuing Medical Education at the Texas Medical Association in Austin, Texas
Anne Symons, CHCP, FACEHP, Founder of Accreditation & Outcomes Solutions, LLC in Bradenton, Florida
Following the education the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate various accreditation systems; access resources available from each accreditor and link acronyms to the applicable accreditation system, regulatory policy, or guideline and profession(s).
- Compare and contrast similarities and differences between accreditation systems.
- Prepare for accreditation/reaccreditation and manage the process following the accreditors timelines and milestones.
- Explain why documentation is important for the accreditation process; and differentiate policies, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Apply the existing Standards in practice; articulate the proposed Standards and locate resources for the existing and revised Standards.