Career Pathway Series 201: Designing and Managing a CPD Program
- Registration Closed
Format: CPS 201 will be conducted as a two-part, virtual live workshop on May 24 and June 7, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET). During the workshop, attendees will receive instruction from a team of seasoned faculty, participate in interactive activities, and engage in self-reflection exercises designed to explore areas of interest within the field.
Target Audience: Early career professionals who want to develop professionally in the field; gain confidence for their current and future roles; discover and connect the “whys” of what they do to successful CPD program design and management; receive tips and strategies for dealing with the issues and challenges CPD organizations often face; and explore other potential areas of interest within the field and identify next steps to further professional growth.
Topics: Weeks 1 and 2 topics will include: understanding and managing financial resources; creating and managing a CPD program to meet the needs of learners; collecting, analyzing, and applying data within your program; working successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
Other Course Features: In addition to the components of the live CPS 201: Designing and Managing a CPD Program workshops, your registration fee also provides access to three online resources to further your professional growth. Included are the Alliance CPD Cornerstone modules: Program Management, Evaluation/Data, and Activity Planning and Development.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Utilize strategies for managing a continuing professional development (CPD) program in the health professions.
- Apply organizational concepts and change management principles to their CPD program.
- Collect, analyze, and apply data to their CPD activities and program.
- Identify personal areas of interest within the field to further their own professional growth.
- Raja Akunuru, PMP, CHCP; Director, Client Services, Cadmium
- Samantha Cribari-Starr, MS; Director, Professional Development, American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Amanda Kaczerski, MS, CHCP; Senior Vice President, Educational Strategy and Development, Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning
- Debbie Platek, MS, CHCP; President, CME Mentors
- Heather Ranels, MA, MS, CHCP; Director of Continuing Professional Development, American Association of Psychiatric Pharmacy (formally CPNP)
- Nicole Spino, MBA, CHCP; Director of Operations, Optum Health Education
- Patti Stella, CAE, CHCP; Senior Director, Education, Society of Surgical Oncology
- Andrea Zimmerman, EdD; Senior Director of Accreditation and Outcomes, HMP Global